By Mark Fletcher
Read or Download Activating Vocabulary: No. 1 PDF
Similar english as a second language books
This sequence of studying pursuits deals all practitioners an outline of the language had to guarantee a learner's skill to accommodate the demanding situations provided by way of daily verbal exchange.
One hundred and one extra Illustrated Crossword Puzzles comprises 10 reproducible devices, nine of which concentrate on a thematic technique. The 10th unit is made from combos of phrases from the 1st 9 devices. the ten devices are: Opposites, Outer area, security, Sea Creatures, Taking a visit, within the urban, bugs, Musical tools, healthiness Care and mixed.
A brand new variation of the best-selling vocabulary perform identify. even if you are learning by yourself or at school, English Vocabulary in Use Pre-intermediate and Intermediate covers all of the phrases and words you would like at this point to appreciate and be understood in English. This re-creation is totally up to date to make the publication much more correct and available.
- Vocabulary Booster
- Word-Formation and Creolisation: The Case of Early Sranan (Linguistische Arbeiten)
- Grammarway: With Answers Level 4
- Oxford Bookworms Factfiles: Seasons And Celebrations: Level 2: 700-Word Vocabulary (Oxford Bookworms Library Factfiles: Stage 2)
- Prepositions and Adverbial Particles
Extra info for Activating Vocabulary: No. 1
15. It is a good idea to lock things so they do not get stolen. 16. I took a first aid course. I learned how to put an arm in a sling. 17. You should always stop at the curb before you cross a street. 18. When I was in a car accident the airbag in my car saved my life. 19. When you are riding a bike you should signal your turns and stops. 20. At night you should park your car near a light. 21. We change the batteries in our smoke detector regularly. 22. My mother said I should be careful when I play at the park.
Shrimp are long, slender crustaceans. 10. A starfish is not a fish. A fish has a backbone. A starfish does not. 11. A turtle is a reptile. It has a protective shell. 12. The sea horse has a head and neck shaped like a horse. 13. A barnacle likes to attach itself to rocks, ship bottoms and whales. 14. Plankton is the microscopic plant and animal life in the ocean. 15. Mussel shells are used to make buttons. 16. Crushed clam shells are used to build roads in many coastal regions. 17. An eel is a long, snakelike fish.
20. The blue whale is the largest animal on the planet. 21. Tuna is regarded as one of the most important food fishes. 22. A giant squid can attain a length of 50 feet (17 meters). 23. A sand dollar is flat and round, and covered with furry spines. 24. The ray we saw was a stingray, not a manta ray. 25. A sponge filters the water that passes through its body. 26. A lobster can live to be over 100 years old. 27. A shark never sleeps, and it never stops moving. 28. Over 350 species of coral have been found in the Great Barrier Reef.